Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Places I've Been

Alone is a road I know too well -an oft trodden path in my life. It is rocky and steep, and it leads to Nowhere.

Nowhere is the place I once made my home. In it resided no passion or purpose. I left only for brief but glorious vacations - vacations to wilderness places steeped in adventure. Once I traveled to a place called Love.

Love is a place like none I could have imagined. It is pure and innocent. It is unexpected and fun. But Love did not invite me to stay, and it sent me on to a place called Heartbreak.

Heartbreak is a place I wouldn’t have chosen. And there I suffered great pain. It is pain that still aches beneath the surface and sometimes stings like a new wound. But I noticed a sign in Heartbreak that led me to Growth.

Growth, I discovered, is an amazing place. It has its own share of pain, but it is pain that builds and does not tear down. Growth is a place that you can take with you wherever you go next. And Growth showed me the way to Beauty.

Beauty feels like I am home again. Not the shack I built in Nowhere, but a palace fit for a queen. It is a palace with room enough to welcome others to come and stay. And Beauty can’t be found along Alone. The only road to Beauty is God.

And God is a road that leads to so many other amazing places. It is there that I discovered Peace. It is there that I discovered Freedom. It is there that I discovered Trust. And it there that I over and over again discover Me.

7 comments:

agirloutthere said...

Growth, strength, and maturity all come from pain. I do a bit of gardening and while reading your post I'm reminded of the vine and the branches, particularly pruning.

I could put it in my words, but I found these directions for pruning roses capture the idea very well.

1-"All roses need some type of pruning. If roses are not pruned for a number of years, plants deteriorate in appearance, often develop more than the usual disease and insect problems, and the flowers become smaller and smaller."

2-"Remove branches that are dead, damaged, diseased, thin, weak, growing inward, and branches that cross or interfere with other branches. Proper pruning encourages new growth from the base making the plant healthy and attractive and resulting in large blossoms."

Taken from: http://www.ext.vt.edu/departments/envirohort/factsheets3/prune-rose/MAR87PR1.HTML

Thanks for telling us about your travels.

Anonymous said...

"Growth has its own share of pain, but it is pain that builds and does not tear down."

That's an incredible lesson learned.

Anonymous said...

- thongs make your butt look better in pants or skirts
- but you must have the right body-type, to avoid the full-time wedgie sensation
---Crouching mommy, hidden laundary

Marsha said...

Thanks, Crouching Mommy, for these very important thong tips as I embark on my journey - somehow I am pretty sure I know who you are!

Anonymous said...

I love crouching mommy, hidden laundry!

Good post though. It is good to see sisters answering the call of God and getting into other revolution I feel is sweeping across the Nati, but across the nation. While we wait for One on the white horse, with a name He will give us that no one else knows. I missed doing warfare with my sisters. I have been engaged on the frontlines elsewhere trying to connect the scattered warriors all across the land into one strong unit with one voice, but I will do my best to come back to you guys soon.

agirloutthere said...

Tag, You're It!

Anonymous said...

an example of trip hop style music

www.myspace.com/sise