Monday, December 05, 2005

Tagged Again

I have been tagged again - this time by my sweet friend Candyce. At least it gives me something to blog to get the week started. So, live from my office where procrastination is running rampant...

7 things to do before I die:

  1. Marry the man God has designated for me; cherish and nuture that marriage.
  2. Raise a child or children with a love that demonstrates the love of Christ
  3. Vacation - African safari
  4. Vacation – Australia
    (note #s 3 and 4 preferably after #1 - wouldn't that be fun!)
  5. Paragliding off a mountain range
  6. Publish something nonscientific that I have written
  7. Find new ways to bring God’s light into darkness

7 things I cannot do:

  1. Surf
  2. Touch my tongue to my nose
  3. Ski
  4. Make the Hydroseal call
  5. Keep myself from laughing
  6. Vomit (last time was when I was 19 – perhaps TMI)
  7. Avoid drama


7 things that attract me to a guy:

  1. Passion and dedication in the adventure of following Jesus, and a desire for me to share in that adventure with him (from the works of John and Stasi Eldredge, but definitely from my heart)
  2. Strength of character and an appreciation for my...uh... strength of character :)
  3. Sense of humor and an appreciation for my somewhat strange sense of humor :)
  4. Intelligence (ain't necessarily lotsa schoolin')
  5. Soccer/tennis body and general athleticism (oh come on, you know you have your physique ideals, too)
  6. A willingness to pursue me (I am not going to make him jump through hoops or anything. I just need to be sure of his intentions.)
  7. That feeling I get when he looks into my eyes (**long sigh**).

7 books/series I love (how to pick just 7?!!!):

  1. Blue Like Jazz/Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  3. Captivating/Wild At Heart by John/Stasi Eldredge
  4. Passion and Purity by Elizabeth Elliot
  5. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
  6. Naked by David Sedaris
  7. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
    (The Bible stands on a list of it’s own…)

7 movies I would watch over and over again:

  1. The Princess Bride
  2. Sense and Sensibility/Jane Austen films in general
  3. Four Weddings and a Funeral
  4. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
  5. When Harry Met Sally
  6. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
  7. Shopgirl (I think this might be on the list, but too soon to say for sure)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

soccer and tennis, huh? that's interesting... not being particularly athletic myself, i never really saw myself with an athlete, unless he was extremely well-rounded in his interests. like a runner who also paints or plays drums or writes (or all of the above). it would be a lot of hard work for me to connect with someone for whom sports is a major part of life...

there honestly hasn't been a lot of physical consistency in terms of the guys i've been attracted to. so it's hard for me to say this feature or that would be more attractive to me than another. i'm pretty subjective about my tastes in that area. i guess everyone is.

Anonymous said...

Clarification - they don't have to play those sports (though tennis would be nice). That just tends to be the look of the guys I often find myself attracted to - until other factors take over, at least. But, unlike you Candyce, I tend to be drawn to guys that enjoy at least some form of athletics. The competitive side of me, maybe.