Thursday, December 15, 2005

I Lift My Eyes Up

This has been a very hard couple of days. The enemy has found some wormholes, and the attack has been launched. Already injured hope now reels further. This enemy is relentless. His whispered lies are becoming more audible. I need the truth of God to drown them out.

I know what the master plan is here. I know that the enemy wants me to blame God for my circumstances. To lose hope. To turn to old patterns rather than to turn to Him for comfort and healing. Despite how hard it is, I am not hip to that plan.

So I just really tried to press into God last night and this morning before going to work. My prayer has been that I would feel Him close right now. I need to experience Him clearly. Something small. Something big. I will take anything. And through it, I will praise Him just for who He is. Pressing forward through pain is difficult but also truly amazing when God is with you on that journey.

And I have seen glimpses of Him today, even at work. A 5 year old boy at work really reflected the face of God today…so amazing.

I want to thank all of you who are praying for me. The battle has intensified, and I would like to ask for continued prayers. I know where my hope comes from, and I pray that it becomes strong once again despite my circumstances.

Blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank.
-Jeremiah 17:7-8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

prayed for you some on the way home last night... continuing to pray... be of good courage in this fight. you aren't fighting alone.

Anonymous said...

The Lord says, Hold on my child Joy comes in the morning. Your morning is on its way. You are in my prayers

Anonymous said...

yes, helmet, you are not alone. you have your brothers and sisters lifting you up.
Look for the shadow under His wings and take cover from the mortar and pounding of the battle there. No one can reach you when you are there. Don't even bother to try and fight, just chill with Him, while you regain your strenght.
E.