Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stop the Presses...

I officially have a new goal. Ok, in actuality, it’s not just a goal - it's more like a need. And by need, I mean it's kind of an obsession.

No - I am not referring to gin and tonic (I felt I needed to say that before my next run in with a certain friend of mine involves him jumping out of a parked car, pulling me off the sidewalk, and driving me out west to a famous clinic established by a former first lady). What I am referring to is the fact that I just saw AFI’s list of top 100 films of all time, and it is seriously bothering me that there are a lot of films I have never seen. There are a few I have never heard of (mostly silent films), but what disturbed me the most was the sheer number of films I have heard of, know to be famous and acclaimed films, and have just never set aside time to watch.

Do I hear you asking what I am going to do about this? Well, I am going to start with the top rated films and watch all the films I haven’t seen until I reach #100. When they add more and drop some, I will watch the new ones as well. Maybe I’ll watch some I’ve already seen, because I just can’t help myself. Maybe I’ll write reviews and stuff. The sky’s the limit when it comes to obsession.

First up…Citizen Kane. I seriously haven’t seen the #1 movie. How pathetic am I?* If you, too, are pathetic, feel free to join me.

*This question is rhetorical

3 comments:

Steve Fuller said...

Rosebud.

Bragg said...

I own Citizen Kane.

Marsha said...

Has everyone but me seen this film? Or maybe just everyone named Steve?