Friday, June 15, 2007

Ruminations

What will be my next thing? Will it be as good as the last? I don’t want to live in the fading light of glory days long passed.

And what of missed opportunities? Will they come back ‘round again? If only I could pass some clues to that girl I was back then.

How do I move life forward, closer to where I want to be? Will striving lead me to success, or is it enough just to live free?

It’s these questions that consume me. And with them comes the fear. Yet through God’s love it’s less and less with every passing year.

1 comment:

sarah cool said...

What will be my next thing? Will it be as good as the last? I don’t want to live in the fading light of glory days long passed.

That really struck me. As in, brought some tears and made my heart kind of skip around. Thanks for putting some words to some of my worries.