Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Speaking To My Soul

I find it amazing when I come across the writings of an author who seems to be writing straight out of my soul. It's like I experience true connection. I feel understood.

As part of a group of incredible women that I meet with and am privileged to be getting to know, I am re-reading a book entitled Captivating. I highly recommend this book as an important read for women. I recommend it to men who desire to better understand and cherish women and the way they reflect a very part of God himself. It is a book that has brought me to a greater understanding, appreciation, and acceptance of who I am. And in this book, the authors reference a quote from the writings of Anais Nin. I read, and I wanted more. Here are some of her insights that really speak to me:

The time came when the risk it took
To remain tight in a bud was more painful
Than the risk it took to blossom

...to withhold from living is to die and that the more you give of yourself to life the more life nourishes you

The monster I kill every day is the monster of realism. The monster who attacks me every day is destruction. Out of the duel comes the transformation. I turn destruction into creation over and over again

For you and for me the highest moment, the keenest joy, is not when our minds dominate but when we lose our minds...

Great stuff. I can't wait to discover more. ..

No comments: