Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Costs of Joy

Watching a favorite comedy (The Princess Bride) on Thanksgiving Day………….free

A haircut with highlights to signify a new beginning…………………………….....$65

Gas to drive to Yellowstone to experience beauty ………...............one gazillion dollars

Randomly finding a large, bright-yellow flotation device in your backyard ……….????

The love of God and of friends who support me in difficult times.…………PRICELESS

On this Thanksgiving Day, I offer all praise and thanks to God who amazes me in how he provides me comfort despite the blows of life that would otherwise take me out for the count. Lord, I love and trust you even when I can’t remotely understand your ways.

I thank all of you who have been and are there for me. The love, tears, and laughter I share with you mean more to me than I could ever express. If you don’t know who you are, then shame on me for not letting you know the way I should. I love you.

Oh, here come the ROUSes…gotta go. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thankful for you dear sister, and glad that you allow yourself to be such a blessing. Thanks for being serious as well as Helmet!

stinkowoman said...

Amen on Princess Bride! Mawage! That blessed awangement...That dweam within a dweam...

Anonymous said...

'rodents of unusual size? i don't think they exist...'

i think my sister and i might see pride and prejudice tomorrow afternoon at the rave... she's supposed to call me to let me know she's still interested in going... show times are 12:15 and 3:30, if you'd like to go (call me if you want to come-with)... otherwise, i might try to go to the esquire on sunday...